Annual Membership is Required for CYBA
Crookston Youth Basketball Association (CYBA) promotes enthusiasm for basketball and emphasizes skill development and fun! The mission of the Crookston Youth Basketball Association is the promotion of basketball for Crookston boys and girls.
The CYBA would like to have you as a member! Your membership will support our kids enjoying and learning to play basketball. Activities for boys and girls in grades 2-8 include: player and coach’s clinics, traveling teams entry fee’s, a local tournament, and various contests and events!
CYBA Policy and Guidelines
a. Must be an member of the Crookston School District
o Attend a Crookston Public School
o Attend a Crookston Private School
o Be home schooled in the Crookston School District
b. CYBA Dues:
o K - 2nd Grade: CYBA Dues are $35 per child
o 3rd - 6th Grade: CYBA Dues are $100 per child
o 7th & 8th Grade: CYBA Dues are $50 per child
o CYBA Dues family maximum is $200
o CYBA will not turn away any family that is not able to pay the dues,
but the board of directors needs to be contacted to discuss further options.
o All families must donate at least 12 hours of time during the Annual Tournament. The
12 hours is cumulative per family, i.e. if a family has 2 people work, each person would
have to work just 6 hours or if a family has 4 people work, each person would have to
work just 3 hours. Any youth that work must be accompanied by an adult.
o If you can not work your 12 hours you need to find someone to take your spot.
d. Annual Player/Coach/Parent Meeting
o All CYBA players, coaches, and parents are required to attend this meeting,
typically scheduled for mid November.
e. Social Media and other Publication Waiver
o CYBA works to promote our programs and our participants by utilizing various media
platforms. By registering your athlete, you hereby give consent to the release of any
photographs, videos, or otherwise digitally recorded materials of yourself and/or your
athlete to use in any public media, including, but not limited to, radio, internet, social
media, print, or in any of the Releasees publications, productions, or posts; understanding
that the intended use of such images and information is solely for the purpose of
advertising, marketing, and/or promotional and public awareness for the organization.
CYBA Playing Time Policy
CYBA encourages and supports an environment that fosters enjoyment/FUN, as well as personal development, for ALL teammates. In order for this to be successful, CYBA Coaches are trained to adhere to the following playing time guidelines and expectations:
- Playing time for all participating athletes.
- Due to the increase in skill level and age of the players, it is acceptable for coaches to play athletes based on a “competitive play” philosophy. Coaches are still expected to do their best to give some playing time to all players when the opportunity arises.
EXCEPTIONS (3rd Grade and Up):
The following are exceptions to the guidelines written above:
- Active Participation in Practice
- Consistently missing practice or lack of active participation during practice may have an impact on playing time.
- Missing practice the week prior to a game/tournament may result in Coach adjusting playing time.
- Behavioral Issues
- Demonstration of disrespectful behavior to coaches or teammates may impact playing time at next game.
- Poor sportsmanship displayed during a game may result in limited time for the entirety of the game/tournament, depending on the situation.
- Injuries/illness may have an obvious impact on a child’s ability to perform/compete during a game.
Approved and Effective as of February 2, 2016